The British Pharmacopoeia 2011
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the official collection of standards for UK medicinal products and pharmaceutical substances. Produced by the British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, the BP makes a valuable contribution to public health by setting publicly available standards for the quality of medicines.
The British Pharmacopoeia 2011 contains:
- Monographs including British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary) monographs
- Test methods
- Infrared reference spectra
- Supplementary information
- European Pharmacopoeia monographs are clearly distinguished and cross-referenced
- A full index ensures easy access to the current legally-binding UK standards.
New for 2011:
- 51 new BP monographs for formulated preparations
- Six volume set
- Contents of the former Volume III split to create an additional volume
- Additional standards for widely-used unlicensed formulations
- European Pharmacopoeia 6th edition material, up to and including Supplement 6.8
- Legally effective in the UK from 1 January 2011
- Updates available in January, April and July 2011
Contents of BP 2011
To view the contents of BP 2011, please download the index in PDF format.
The BP 2011 CD-ROM enables you to install fully the complete text of the BP, together with its search and linking functionality, directly onto your laptop or PC.
Once installed and activated, the 2011 version enables you to access the content of the BP without inserting the CD-ROM, providing complete portability if used on a laptop, without requiring internet access.
A single user licence to the CD-ROM is provided as part of the BP 2011 print package. See How to access BP 2011 Online for details of how to request your CD-ROM.
www.pharmacopoeia.co.uk is an integral part of the BP package, enabling access to the full text of the BP 2011. New to the BP 2011 Online are three in-year updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia. These updates are available free, as part of your online package in January, April and July 2011.
Advanced search features include an A-Z listing on monographs and articles, inclusion of ‘did you mean?’ and other close matches and a personalised ‘My BP’ area making searching for the information you use regularly easier and more efficient.
A single user licence to BP 2011 Online is provided as part of the print package. See How to access BP 2011 Online for details of how to activate your online access.